Pavlov’s lawyers in their letter to Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
On March 5 Alexander Pavlov’s lawyers filed a complaint with the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs concerning the actions of the Kazakh Ambassador to Spain, Bakyt Dyussenbayev.
In their letter, the counsellors expressed utmost anxiety over the information that has recently been published by the El Pais daily. The paper referred to, for instance, a meeting between the Ambassador and the court president, as well as pressure put on judges by diplomats and plans to extradite Pavlov to Kazakhstan by military aircraft.
Pavlov’s lawyers also indicated the impact of these unprecedented incidents that pose a threat to the judges’ independence and jeopardise the entire case. At the same time it was emphasised that when the Ambassador met with Judge Guevara, the government’s official decision had not yet been announced.
In their letter of complaint, the counsellors urge the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to investigate whether the information published by El Pais is in fact true, and if so - they demand that all interference with the court in this case should cease and desist.
07The list of Kazakh dissidents, their families and colleagues persecuted with the use of INTERPOL in the European Union in 2012-15
02Ingancio Sanchez Amor in defence of Ablyazov: Appeal to the French government
16Kazakh with political refugee status in Poland released from Spanish jail
13Deputy Prosecutor General of the Kazakh Republic recalls the agreement with Russia concerning the handover of convicts
28Court Dismisses Kazakhstan’s Complaint regarding the Release of Alexander Pavlov on Bail
- Amnesty International: Spain to extradite asylum seeker to risk of torture in Kazakhstan (.pdf, 0.14 MB)
- Niccolo Rinaldi: Alma Shalabayeva: a case not only Italian (.pdf, 0.25 MB)
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- The Open Dialog Foundation welcomes Lithuania’s decision to deny the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev to Kazakhstan or Ukraine (.pdf, 0.33 MB)
- Prominent Russian human rights activists сalled for preventing the extradition of Mukhtar Ablyazov (.pdf, 0.18 MB)