Polish MPs call for refusal of extradition requests with respect to Paraskevich
Polish parliamentarians from ‘Your Movement’: Tomasz Makowski, Andrzej Lewandowski, Wojciech Penkalski, Artur Dębski and Robert Biedroń issued an appeal to Maria Benesova – the Minister of Justice of the Czech Republic.
In their appeal, the MPs pointed to the wide-scale actions of Kazakhstan, aimed at bringing about the extradition of opposition activists residing across Europe.
On 21 February, 2013, the Supreme Court in Prague upheld the extradition of Tatiana Paraskevich to Ukraine, considering that the Ukrainian authorities have given all necessary guarantees that Paraskevich’s rights will not be violated.
Pointing to systematic violations of the European Convention on Human Rights Defence by Ukraine and Russia, MPs are calling for the non-rendering of Tatiana Paraskevich. Should she be extradited to Ukraine, she shall, in fact, face extradition to Kazakhstan.
22INTERPOL's reform and rights of victims of politically motivated extradition requests: steps forward and emergence of new threats
03Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan
07The list of Kazakh dissidents, their families and colleagues persecuted with the use of INTERPOL in the European Union in 2012-15
21Alexander Pavlov was on the verge of freedom
21Tatiana Paraskevich was granted international protection, but is still in custody due to the prosecutor’s suspicious persistence
Open Dialog Foundation meeting daughter and mother of Tatiana Paraskevich
Petr Silaev INTERPOL Spotlight
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- The Open Dialog Foundation welcomes Lithuania’s decision to deny the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev to Kazakhstan or Ukraine (.pdf, 0.33 MB)
- Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan (.pdf, 0.12 MB)
- Ukraine assists post-Soviet states with the persecution of political opponents and refugees (.pdf, 12.69 MB)
- The case of Paraskevich: Ukraine continues to collaborate with Russia and Kazakhstan on attempts to prosecute political refugees (.pdf, 0.14 MB)