Inaki Irazabal Beitia calls for raising awareness regarding Pavlov’s case
Inaki Irazabal Beitia, Spanish and Basque writer and politician, since 2013 a Member of the European Parliament from the Alalar party, filed an appeal to Cecilia Malmström, the Commissioner for Home Affairs in the European Commission.
The MEP calls for raising the awareness of the Spanish Government with regard to the recent decision of the Supreme Court (Audiencia National), which approved the extradition of a political opponent, who will face torture in Kazakhstan.
22Madrid court renders Kazakh oppositionist to dictatorship
28Court Dismisses Kazakhstan’s Complaint regarding the Release of Alexander Pavlov on Bail
20Spain's National Court decision about Alexander Pavlov
10UN Human Rights experts urge Spain to halt the extradition of Pavlov
26Spain once again postpones the decision on Alexandr Pavlov's extradition
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- In a shocking decision, French Government Decrees Extradition of Kazakh dissident Mukhtar Ablyazov to Russia (.pdf, 0.42 MB)
- Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan (.pdf, 0.12 MB)
- Torture in Kazakhstan: A brief overview of the situation surrounding torture in Kazakhstan in 2013 and 2014 (.pdf, 0.78 MB)
- Report: Torture in Kazakhstan (.doc, 0.43 MB)