MEPs issue an appeal with regard to Paraskevich’s case
MEPs: Sari Essayah (Christian Democrats), Nicole Kiil-Nielsen (Europe-Ecology), Leonidas Donskis ( Liberal Movement of the Republic of Lithuania), Niccolo Rinaldi (Italy of Values), Piotr Borys (Civic Platform) addressed an appeal regarding Tatiana Paraskevich to Martin Pecina, the Minister of the Interior of the Czech Republic.
The MEPs point to the political nature of the extradition requests regarding Paraskevich. At the same time, they are calling for the court in the Czech Republic to consider the political context when it examines the case.
22INTERPOL's reform and rights of victims of politically motivated extradition requests: steps forward and emergence of new threats
03Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan
07The list of Kazakh dissidents, their families and colleagues persecuted with the use of INTERPOL in the European Union in 2012-15
21Alexander Pavlov was on the verge of freedom
21Tatiana Paraskevich was granted international protection, but is still in custody due to the prosecutor’s suspicious persistence
Open Dialog Foundation meeting daughter and mother of Tatiana Paraskevich
Petr Silaev INTERPOL Spotlight
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- The Open Dialog Foundation welcomes Lithuania’s decision to deny the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev to Kazakhstan or Ukraine (.pdf, 0.33 MB)
- Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan (.pdf, 0.12 MB)
- Ukraine assists post-Soviet states with the persecution of political opponents and refugees (.pdf, 12.69 MB)
- The case of Paraskevich: Ukraine continues to collaborate with Russia and Kazakhstan on attempts to prosecute political refugees (.pdf, 0.14 MB)