Paraskevich - former colleague of opposition politician, Mukhtar Ablyazov seeks political asylum in the Czech Republic
A decision was ratified by a Czech court to extradite Tatyana Paraskevich, former colleague of Kazakhstan opposition politician, Mukhtar Ablyazov to Ukraine.
A decision was ratified by a Czech court to extradite Tatyana Paraskevich, former colleague of Kazakhstan opposition politician, Mukhtar Ablyazov to Ukraine. Tatyana Paraskevich’s expulsion was also demanded by the Russian Federation. In both these countries, Tatyana Paraskevich faces the risk of unfair trial and ill-treatment. The barristers continue to underline the political air to the case, as well as the interest in Tatyana Paraskevich’s expulsion by the Kazakhstan secret services, hoping to extract from her a testimony to incriminate Mukhtar Ablyazov.
Gravely concerned by the likelihood of Tatyana Paraskevich facing an unfair trial at court and ill-treatment from the law enforcement organs should she be extradited to Ukraine or the Russian Federation, Open Dialog Foundation have appealed to the acting Minister of Justice of the Czech Republic, Maria Benešova for Tatyana Paraskevich’s expulsion to be rejected to.
22INTERPOL's reform and rights of victims of politically motivated extradition requests: steps forward and emergence of new threats
09Common goal: democracy. The first meeting of the ODF with Mukhtar Ablyazov
03Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan
07The list of Kazakh dissidents, their families and colleagues persecuted with the use of INTERPOL in the European Union in 2012-15
21Alexander Pavlov was on the verge of freedom
Open Dialog Foundation meeting daughter and mother of Tatiana Paraskevich
Petr Silaev INTERPOL Spotlight
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- The Open Dialog Foundation welcomes Lithuania’s decision to deny the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev to Kazakhstan or Ukraine (.pdf, 0.33 MB)
- Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan (.pdf, 0.12 MB)
- Ukraine assists post-Soviet states with the persecution of political opponents and refugees (.pdf, 12.69 MB)
- The case of Paraskevich: Ukraine continues to collaborate with Russia and Kazakhstan on attempts to prosecute political refugees (.pdf, 0.14 MB)