Official news from Kazakhstan on the arrest
According to official information, published by the press service of the General Prosecutor’s Office of the RK, on the night of 29 May, 2013, on the outskirts of Rome, Italian police detained Alma Shalabayeva, Mukhtar Ablyazov’s wife, and his 6-year-old daughter, Alua Ablyazova.
The General Prosecutor’s Office of the RK stated that Alma Shalabayeva had resided in Italy on the basis of a fake passport, issued by the Central African Republic in the name of Alma Ayan. After the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Italy confirmed the Kazakh nationality of Alma Shalabayeva, the Italian party decided to deport the woman along with her daughter, Alua Ablyazova to Kazakhstan. On the night of 1 June, 2013, Alma Shalabayeva and her daughter, Alua Ablyazova, were deported to Kazakhstan.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the RK stated that the wife and daughter of Mukhtar Ablyazov had been deported to Kazakhstan on the initiative of the Italian party: "The Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Italy issued emergency passports, allowing the citizens Alma Shalabayeva and Alua Ablyazova to return to the Republic of Kazakhstan. Documents were issued at the request of the Italian authorities, who subsequently deported the aforementioned citizens to Kazakhstan due to the violations of the laws of the Italian Republic they had committed”.
Source: The Open Dialog Foundation
31Italian Court Declares Shalabayeva’s Deportation Unlawful
01Mukhtar Ablyazov arrested in Nice
20Ablyazov on the kidnapping of Alma and Alua
26The man behind Shalabayeva’s deportation promoted
15Italian mass-media on testimonies given by Giuseppe Procaccini
Italian senator urges Interior Minister Alfano to resign
A new chapter in Alma Shalabayeva’s hasty extradition story unfolds
The kidnapping of Ablyazov’s family – a black mark for the opposition
The authorities of Kazakhstan have admitted responsibility for the kidnapping of Ablyazov’s family
Gannushkina: Ablyazov’s family was kidnapped, not deported
- The statement of human rights activists of Ukraine and Kazakhstan on the inadmissibility of the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev, a relative of a Kazakh opposition leader (.pdf, 0.88 MB)
- ODF: The unlawful deportation of Ablyazov’s family from Italy bears the traits of a planned special operation (.pdf, 0.3 MB)
- Human rights defenders write to Lithuanian authorities in support of Syrym Shalabayev (., 0 MB)
- Niccolo Rinaldi: Alma Shalabayeva: a case not only Italian (.pdf, 0.25 MB)
- European Parliament delegates query on Alma Shalabayeva’s deportation (.jpg, 0.08 MB)