MEPs sent a letter to Ashton in order to draw her attention to the cases of misuse of Interpol
Barbara Lochbihler, Chair of the DROI Subcommittee of the EP and Elmar Brok, Chair of the AFET Committee of the EP sent a letter to Catherine Ashton in order to draw her attention to the cases of misuse of Interpol by non-democratic states in askingwho request the extradition of political oppositionists from EU member states. and to ask her to They included a request that she convey to the EU member states interested the information regardingabout the high risk of torture and ill-treatment shouldthat these people shall face should they be sent back to their home countries.
22In a letter to Viviane Reding, MEPs appeal not to render Pavlov
22INTERPOL's reform and rights of victims of politically motivated extradition requests: steps forward and emergence of new threats
21ODF addresses the new UNHCR on issue of political refugees
03Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan
07The list of Kazakh dissidents, their families and colleagues persecuted with the use of INTERPOL in the European Union in 2012-15
Why Spain Allow to Torture People?
BBC News Kazakhstan prisoners suffer 'brutal treatment'
A new chapter in Alma Shalabayeva’s hasty extradition story unfolds
Petr Silaev INTERPOL Spotlight
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- The Open Dialog Foundation welcomes Lithuania’s decision to deny the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev to Kazakhstan or Ukraine (.pdf, 0.33 MB)
- The case of Paraskevich: Ukraine continues to collaborate with Russia and Kazakhstan on attempts to prosecute political refugees (.pdf, 0.14 MB)
- In a shocking decision, French Government Decrees Extradition of Kazakh dissident Mukhtar Ablyazov to Russia (.pdf, 0.42 MB)
- Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan (.pdf, 0.12 MB)