Kosma Złotowski in Mukhtar Ablyazov’s case © mukhtarablyazov.org
On Thursday, 30 October 2014, the Polish MEP Kosma Złotowski, a member of the EUORNEST Eastern Partnership Parliamentary Assembly, has written to French, Ukrainian and Polish governmental representatives on the case of Mukhtar Ablyazov, a Kazakh oppositionist and the main political opponent of the President Nursultan Nazarbayev.
Letters were addressed to:
- French President - Mr Francois Hollande,
- French Minister of Foreign Affairs - Mr Laurent Fabius,
- French Minister of Justice - Ms Christiane Taubira,
- French Minister of Interior - Mr Bernard Cazeneuve,
- Ukrainian President - Mr Petro Poroshenko,
- Ukrainian General Prosecutor - Mr Yarema Hryhorovych,
- Ukrainian Minister of Justice - Mr Pavlo Petrenko,
- Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs - Mr Grzegorz Schetyna,
- Polish Minister of Justice - Mr Cezary Grabarczyk.
Earlier this month, on the 9 October at the European Parliament in Brussels, K. Złotowski met with Ms Alma Shalabayeva, a wife of M. Ablyazov. On the same day she participated in the organized by the Open Dialog Foundation manifestation against human rights violations in Kazakhstan.Download