Alexander Pavlov at the Spanish Amnesty International branch
Alexander Pavlov, Kazakh oppositionist and former coworker of Mukhtar Ablyazov’s, who has been free for over two months, met in Madrid with Maria del Pozothe head of Amnesty International in Spain.
Members of the organisation expressed hope that soon they would also be able to meet Ablyazov, who is currently being held in custody in Corbas (France). During the meeting, Pavlov agreed to record a short video message in which he would thank the Amnesty members involved in monitoring his case. The organisation, among other actions, published a statement with regard to the Kazakh oppositionist, protesting against his extradition and pointing out the political dimension in his struggle.
On July 29 the Spanish court sanctioned Pavlov’s release pending trial.
14Catalonian Television on Pavlov’s Case
10Gazeta Wyborcza: France hands over the Kazakh
07The list of Kazakh dissidents, their families and colleagues persecuted with the use of INTERPOL in the European Union in 2012-15
02Ingancio Sanchez Amor in defence of Ablyazov: Appeal to the French government
20International support of Mukhtar Ablyazov as an opposition politician
- Amnesty International: Spain to extradite asylum seeker to risk of torture in Kazakhstan (.pdf, 0.14 MB)
- International support of Mukhtar Ablyazov as an opposition politician (.pdf, 0.14 MB)
- Amnesty International - France: Stop extradition of Kazakhstani opposition activist at risk of torture (.pdf, 0.18 MB)
- Amnesty: France - Stop extradition threatening Kazakhstani dissident with torture (.pdf, 0.18 MB)
- Niccolo Rinaldi: Alma Shalabayeva: a case not only Italian (.pdf, 0.25 MB)