Court refuses to release Ablyazov on bail
The Court of Appeal in Lyon refused to sanction the release of Kazakh dissident, Mukhtar Ablyazov, on bail pending trial. The decision was made on Monday 6th October.
Conditions of his release were the payment of bail in the sum of EUR 100,000 and for him to be the subject of electronic surveillance. The Court, however, rejected such a solution arguing that there allegedly existed a risk that Ablyazov would flee France where his extradition trail is ongoing.
The next hearing will take place on 17th October when the Court will consider the extradition request filed by Russia.
04Cassation court refuses to annul Ablyazov extradition decisions
10Another hearing in Ablyazov’s case at the end of September
25Ablyazov has not lost asylum in the UK
27Court Decision in June on Russia and Ukraine’s Participation in Ablyazov’s Trial
10France has refused to extradite Mukhtar Ablyazov to Russia and Ukraine
Ablyazov’s memories: how he dropped out of school and got into business
Mukhtar Ablyazov with family
Mukhtar Ablyazov: Prison Camp Experience
The Italian television channel ‘TG1’ about the kidnapping of Ablyazov’s family members
Akorda’s political hostages
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- The Open Dialog Foundation welcomes Lithuania’s decision to deny the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev to Kazakhstan or Ukraine (.pdf, 0.33 MB)
- Prominent Russian human rights activists сalled for preventing the extradition of Mukhtar Ablyazov (.pdf, 0.18 MB)
- Human rights defenders write to Lithuanian authorities in support of Syrym Shalabayev (., 0 MB)
- In a shocking decision, French Government Decrees Extradition of Kazakh dissident Mukhtar Ablyazov to Russia (.pdf, 0.42 MB)