Muratbek Ketebayev: The Akorda activated in Kiev
According to Muratbek Ketebayev, former deputy minister of economy of Kazakhstan and one of the leaders of the democratic opposition, members of the Kazakh authorities have stepped up their activities in Kiev. Ketebayev reports: “They were told to prevent, at any cost, the new Ukrainian government from closing the criminal proceedings against Mukhtar Ablyazov“–he wrote on his Facebook page.
Ketebayev also noted that this case in Ukraine has been “totally fabricated.”According to the former deputy minister of economy of Kazakhstan, the criminal proceedings against Ablyazov in Ukraine were instigated unlawfully, and there were many irregularities during the investigation. In fact, the Ukrainian representatives of BTA “drew”the documents, while investigator Myelnik simply signed off on them and proceeded to send them to the appropriate place, and included them in the case file - says Ketebayev.
According to Ketebayev, certain people are making sure that the case is not closed, such as Kenges Rakishev and representatives of the Kazakh General Prosecutor’s Office. "The corridors of government buildings in Kiev are teeming with people, including the “ex”husband of Elena Tishchenko, Sergey Tishchenko, who is offering his “contacts”to see to that the case is never closed”- he adds. Ketebaybev says that the Akorda is placing its hopes on the deputy prosecutor general of Ukraine, Viktor Shokin, “who has either been paid or been promised pay.”
21ODF addresses the new UNHCR on issue of political refugees
07The list of Kazakh dissidents, their families and colleagues persecuted with the use of INTERPOL in the European Union in 2012-15
26Mogherini replies to the appeal from MEPs on Kazakh dissidents
25ODF appeals to the French government not to extradite Ablyazov. Matignon Palace denies the right to submit the appeal
20Ketebayev: who will represent Russia at the M. Ablyazov's extradition trial?
Ablyazov’s memories: how he dropped out of school and got into business
Mukhtar Ablyazov with family
Mukhtar Ablyazov: Prison Camp Experience
The Italian television channel ‘TG1’ about the kidnapping of Ablyazov’s family members
Akorda’s political hostages
- The story of ‘The Democratic Choice of Kazakhstan’ opposition movement (.pdf, 0.45 MB)
- Ukraine assists post-Soviet states with the persecution of political opponents and refugees (.pdf, 12.69 MB)
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- The Open Dialog Foundation welcomes Lithuania’s decision to deny the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev to Kazakhstan or Ukraine (.pdf, 0.33 MB)
- The case of Paraskevich: Ukraine continues to collaborate with Russia and Kazakhstan on attempts to prosecute political refugees (.pdf, 0.14 MB)