Polish Parliamentarians’ Appeal to Ukraine’s Authorities
MPs of the “Twój Ruch” (Your Move) parliamentary group Tomasz Makowski, Łukasz Krupa, Artur Debski, Maciej Mroczek and Robert Biedron, signed an appeal to Ukraine’s authorities expressing their concern over the practice of handing over political refugees and opponents to non-democratic states.
In their letter, addressed to the Ukraine’s Embassy’s Charge d'Affaires, Vladyslav Kanevsky and General Prosecutor's Office Polish parliamentarians appealed for the discontinuation of relationships with the authoritarian regimes of Russia and Kazakhstan, following their abuse of Interpol’s systems in order to persecute political opponents. The appeal described the case of Mukhtar Ablyazov and the people associated with him: Muratbek Ketebayev and Tatyana Paraskevich.
We read in the appeal: "There is reason to believe that investigations against people associated with Mukhtar Ablyazov were manipulated, and the extradition requests were the effect of those manipulations. The published exchange of communications between the Ukrainian investigator Maksim Melnik, and representatives of the “Ilyashev and Partners” law firm proves that Ukrainian actions relating to the case of Ms Paraskevich were commissioned, from the outset, by said firm."
Download English translation
Download the appeal to the General Prosecutor's Office signed by Artur Debski (PL)
Download the appeal to the General Prosecutor's Office signed by Tomasz Makowski (PL)
Download the appeal to the General Prosecutor's Office signed by Robert Biedron (PL)
Download the appeal to the Ukrainian Embassy signed by "Your move" deputies (PL)
Download the appeal to the Ukrainian Embassy signed by Robert Biedron (PL)
07The list of Kazakh dissidents, their families and colleagues persecuted with the use of INTERPOL in the European Union in 2012-15
21ODF addresses the new UNHCR on issue of political refugees
03Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan
26Mogherini replies to the appeal from MEPs on Kazakh dissidents
25ODF appeals to the French government not to extradite Ablyazov. Matignon Palace denies the right to submit the appeal
Ablyazov’s memories: how he dropped out of school and got into business
Mukhtar Ablyazov with family
Open Dialog Foundation meeting daughter and mother of Tatiana Paraskevich
Mukhtar Ablyazov: Prison Camp Experience
- Ukraine assists post-Soviet states with the persecution of political opponents and refugees (.pdf, 12.69 MB)
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- The Open Dialog Foundation welcomes Lithuania’s decision to deny the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev to Kazakhstan or Ukraine (.pdf, 0.33 MB)
- The case of Paraskevich: Ukraine continues to collaborate with Russia and Kazakhstan on attempts to prosecute political refugees (.pdf, 0.14 MB)
- Report: The facts which confirm the fabrication of the case of Mukhtar Ablyazov in Russia: Tatiana Paraskevich and Artur Trofimov prosecution (.pdf, 0.47 MB)