Kozlov extends wishes to Ablyazov
Vladimir Kozlov, leader of Kazakhstan’s biggest opposition party “Alga!“ extended wishes today to Mukhtar Ablyazov, on his 51st birthday.
"Today is the birthday of my companion and friend, Mukhtar Ablyazov and, as far as possible, I would like to extend my wishes to him on this occasion. I’m doing it as late so in the evening because we had an inspection in the camp. Mukhtar knows perfectly well what kind of “event” that is. At some point in time he has been through the same process. I would like to wish him good health, because in the conditions in which we are now – I and he – health comes first, this is something that enables our survival. Secondly, I wish him luck because all that is going on now around him, all this pressure... because of this, he will need a lot of luck. I wanted to remind him that we are both nationals of Kazakhstan and our homeland and our nation must yet benefit a lot from us. So, Mukhtar, I wish you all the best on the occasion of your birthday".
The wishes were posted on the net by Kozlov’s wife, Aliyia Turusbekova. Kozlov. The leader of Kazakhstan’s biggest opposition „Alga!“ is now in a penal colony in Zarekhnoe, where he was moved in April of this year. Less than a year after the tragic developments in Zhanaozen, on 8th October 2012, Kozlov was sentenced to 7 years and 6 months in prison with confiscation of his property. The authorities accused him, amongst other things, of an “attempt to overthrow the authorities through military action“.
23Satrap Nazarbayev frees his political opponent. Vladimir Kozlov released from prison
07Wishes to Vladimir Kozlov and Aliya Turusbekova
15Kazakhstan: Condemned to Europe
07Kozlov: Home country of La Marseillaise may not support dictatorships
11Appeal from Kazakh activists to Frenchmen: Rescue Ablyazov from Putin and Nazarbayev
- ODF: Kazakhstan - wind of change (.pdf, 2.09 MB)
- Mass arrests and threats on the eve of rallies of 21th May: We urge to prevent recurrence of Zhanaozen tragedy (.pdf, 0.11 MB)
- The story of ‘The Democratic Choice of Kazakhstan’ opposition movement (.pdf, 0.45 MB)
- Kazakhstan rejects statements of the UN, EU and OSCE on violations of human rights (.pdf, 0.3 MB)
- Kazakhstan: stage-managed elections against the backdrop of the authorities’ crackdown on dissent (.pdf, 0.14 MB)