Five Star Movement demands Alfano’s Dismissal
The Five Star Movement (M5S) led by the popular comic and blogger Beppe Grillo – has filed a motion with the Parliament for a vote of no confidence in the Italian Minister of Internal Affairs, Angelino Alfano.
The motion will be heard at the next meeting of chairs of political parties represented in Parliament. The date for the vote on the motion will also be set at the meeting.
In the rationale for the vote of no confidence, the Five Star Movement relies, amongst other things, on the case of Alma Shalabayeva.
Earlier, the Five Star Movement, together with the Leftists-Ecologists-Freedom demanded Alfano’s resignation following the unlawful deportation of the wife of Mukhtar Ablyazov from Italy to Kazakhstan. As a result, it was Giuseppe Procaccini, head of Alfano’s cabinet who resigned. On 19th July 2013, the Deputies’ Chamber put the resignation of Alfano to a vote. Ultimately, the Italian Senate dismissed the motion for a vote of no confidence in Angelino Alfano.
The Minister of Internal Affairs himself claims that he was not informed of the intention to deport them, and that the police were acting under pressure from the Kazakhstan Ambassador to Rome.
31Italian Court Declares Shalabayeva’s Deportation Unlawful
15Procaccini testifies on Shalabayeva’s deportation
01Mukhtar Ablyazov arrested in Nice
09The Independent: Silvio Berlusconi’s ally ‘rendered dissident’s family to Kazakhstan’
06Financial Times, Italian minister urged to explain deportation to Kazakhstan
- Human rights defenders write to Lithuanian authorities in support of Syrym Shalabayev (., 0 MB)
- The statement of human rights activists of Ukraine and Kazakhstan on the inadmissibility of the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev, a relative of a Kazakh opposition leader (.pdf, 0.88 MB)
- Niccolo Rinaldi: Alma Shalabayeva: a case not only Italian (.pdf, 0.25 MB)
- European Parliament delegates query on Alma Shalabayeva’s deportation (.jpg, 0.08 MB)
- ODF: The unlawful deportation of Ablyazov’s family from Italy bears the traits of a planned special operation (.pdf, 0.3 MB)