Niccolo Rinaldi in defence of Tatiana Paraskevich
The Italian MEP, Vice-Chair of Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe, Niccolo Rinaldi, appealed to the Minister of Justice of the Czech Republic regarding the matter of Tatiana Paraskevich.
In his letter, Rinaldi points to, amongst other things,the “disturbing activities” of the Czech prosecutor engaged in the Paraskevich case. He emphasises that he is extremely concerned by the conduct of the prosecutor Vera Cechova, who is trying, at any cost, to block the release from detention of Tatiana Paraskevich. In his appeal to Helena Valkova, the Czech Minister, Rinaldi states that the prosecutor’s conduct should be analysed and assessed by the Ministry of Justice.
22INTERPOL's reform and rights of victims of politically motivated extradition requests: steps forward and emergence of new threats
03Stop the extradition of the oppositionist due to the threats of torture, an unfair trial and the illegal interference of Kazakhstan
07The list of Kazakh dissidents, their families and colleagues persecuted with the use of INTERPOL in the European Union in 2012-15
21Alexander Pavlov was on the verge of freedom
17Polish Parliamentarians’ Appeal to Ukraine’s Authorities
- Ukraine assists post-Soviet states with the persecution of political opponents and refugees (.pdf, 12.69 MB)
- The case of Tatiana Paraskevich: Through misuse of the EU's justice system, Kazakhstan's lobbyists seek to have Paraskevich's asylum status revoked (.pdf, 0.32 MB)
- The Open Dialog Foundation welcomes Lithuania’s decision to deny the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev to Kazakhstan or Ukraine (.pdf, 0.33 MB)
- The case of Paraskevich: Ukraine continues to collaborate with Russia and Kazakhstan on attempts to prosecute political refugees (.pdf, 0.14 MB)
- Report: The facts which confirm the fabrication of the case of Mukhtar Ablyazov in Russia: Tatiana Paraskevich and Artur Trofimov prosecution (.pdf, 0.47 MB)