Procaccini testifies on Shalabayeva’s deportation
Giuseppe Procaccini, former head of cabinet to the Italian Minister of Interior, testified yesterday to the prosecutor who is investigating the issue of Alma Shalabayeava’s deportation in late May 2013.
In their comments on this case, the majority of Italian mass-media largely focused on the question as to whether Alfano (Italian Minister of Interior) knew of the DIGOS police intervention at the Ablyazov house in Italy and was familiar with the case of Alma Shalabayeva prior to his conversation with Emma Bonino on June 2nd 2013.
According to Procaccini’s testimony, Alfano had been informed of the planned intervention of the Italian special police and a planned attempt to arrest Ablyazov; however, he had not, been informed of Alma’s arrest.
31Italian Court Declares Shalabayeva’s Deportation Unlawful
14Five Star Movement demands Alfano’s Dismissal
01Mukhtar Ablyazov arrested in Nice
09The Independent: Silvio Berlusconi’s ally ‘rendered dissident’s family to Kazakhstan’
06Financial Times, Italian minister urged to explain deportation to Kazakhstan
- Human rights defenders write to Lithuanian authorities in support of Syrym Shalabayev (., 0 MB)
- The statement of human rights activists of Ukraine and Kazakhstan on the inadmissibility of the extradition of Syrym Shalabayev, a relative of a Kazakh opposition leader (.pdf, 0.88 MB)
- Niccolo Rinaldi: Alma Shalabayeva: a case not only Italian (.pdf, 0.25 MB)
- European Parliament delegates query on Alma Shalabayeva’s deportation (.jpg, 0.08 MB)
- ODF: The unlawful deportation of Ablyazov’s family from Italy bears the traits of a planned special operation (.pdf, 0.3 MB)